Families are the foundation of society. All families should have access to active and support and understanding.
Parenting is hard! We all agree and recognise the importance of parenting. But is there a way though to enjoy it with ease, as the most important duty of our lifetime? Can it be a truly rewarding experience after all?
'Parent-Help' aims to stand by your side to do parenting together.
What We Provide
- A community based Parenting Service that caters for families at their point of need and by working with distinguished team of experts with a wealth of knowledge in the subject area.
- Parenting workshops that harness parents and families’ strengths and skills within a safe space.
- Supervised contact between child/ren and their parents and families.
- Family Group Conferences aimed at exploring support for child/ren outside the immediate family.
- Effective and sensitive working relationship with families that elicit change.
Parent-Help will work with Social Services, Family Law Professionals, Mental Health Services, Education Establishments, individuals or their families.
The nature of the service provided will be tailored according to client needs to ensure utmost expert assessment and intervention for clients and the users.
Parent-Help will complete Parenting Support within a structured group session with the aim of enabling parents to acquire appropriate skills and knowledge required in day-to-day parenting. The support would take place in the form of workshops comprising of 8 weeks’ community based assessment to be delivered once to twice a week within a two-hour group session delivered by professionals from Parent-Help.
The service will be provided at an identified community venue closer to the family as well as within the family home incorporating all key areas of parenting that include child care and child development according to the child/ren needs.
The Workshops will be open to all parents; however, the following groups would find the service more beneficial:
- Parents who are considered a risk to their children
- Parents who for one reason or another wish to strengthen their parenting skills
- Young parents
At the end of the assessment a comprehensive report will be completed.
Parent-Help strongly believes that each child or children should maintain contact with their parents and families, wherever possible and as advocated.
In doing so, we will aim to:
Facilitate and promote contact between children and their parents and families in a child friendly environment that is safe and informal.
Enable collaborative working relationship between professionals and families involved in the child's/ren's lives by being open and honest in the best interest of the child/ren.
Strive to ensure contact between child/ren and their parents and families is positive and a happy experience.
At the end of supervised contact, contact reports will be provided as per requirements.
Parent-Help will carry out FGC meetings with the aim of exploring wider family members and friends that are able to offer support in the event that this is deemed necessary to support the parents or carers of the child/ren and or as per client’s instructions.
Upon referral, the FGC process takes place in 3 stages:
- Gathering information from all relevant professionals, parents, families and wider support network.
- Contacting all relevant individuals, identifying suitable venue.
- FGC meeting held, private family time aimed at families formulating their plan for the child/ren and professionals and Co-ordinator re-joining to agree the plan.
Each member of our team is equipped with academic training and years of experience in a highly relevant field with deep rooted understanding in Child Protection and Legal Proceedings work. We are entrusted professionals with expertise that lies in identifying and in creating costume made solutions to individual needs.
The organisation was founded by parents for parents who are aware of the challenges that are faced by parents. We fully understand the importance of right support being offered to individuals in a timely manner so as to minimise parenting concerns. We believe that parents have the capacity to change given the right circumstances.
Our mission therefore, is to assist parents navigate through these challenges.
- To empower families and strengthen opportunities available to them.
- To deliver first Class service that promotes well-being and embraces the strengths of all involved.
- To provide bespoke and inclusive quality service to our clients and individuals.
- To enable significant positive difference for children and families that we work with.
- To offer safe and non-judgemental space, where parents can openly speak about their limitations and share experiences and identify areas they need support in.
- To ensure confidentiality for safeguarding is a key aspect of what we do.
- To provide competitive prices and effective timely service.
Parent-Help accepts referrals from a wide range of sources. All referrals will be adaptably considered to ensure utmost support and intervention tailored towards individual and clients needs.
Parent-Help aims to convene the Family Group Conference within 5 weeks of receipt of referral. Parenting Support and Intervention within 8 weeks of referral and Supervised contact within a week of referral.
Parent-Help will require completion of a Risk Assessment and referral forms prior to commencement of work to ensure rightlevel of support is offered and necessary risk assessment are completed.
20-22 Wenlock Road